How do you use wasabi? You can enjoy wasabi more by mixing it with a variety of foods.
Wasabi and basil go together perfectly. Just mix with mayonnaise and dress with tomatoes, avocado, and soft boiled chicken for a simple and delicious salad.
Why is Wasabi Spicy?
The spicy taste of wasabi is due to an ingredient called allyl isothiocyanate. Here is a summary of why it is spicy and how to reduce the spiciness.
A Tasty Makeover
When you think of mixed vegetables, do you have an image that they look good but don’t taste good? In fact, that was my impression as well. The mixed vegetables I used this time were bought together with the frozen ones when I bought them, as a substitute for their refrigerant.
The standard way to cook them is with butter, salt and pepper. But this time I used wasabi to make them tasty. This was surprisingly a big hit. It turned out to be a delicious finish that goes well with alcohol. We hope you will try this recipe as a variation on mixed vegetables.
Wasabi Tubes and Weights
Most of the time when you use wasabi, you use wasabi in a tube. However, putting the wasabi from the tube to a tablespoon and using a scale can be time-consuming.
2cm Wasabi Tube = 1g
I actually weighed the wasabi tube and found that 2 cm of wasabi tube is about 1 g. That is, 10 cm of wasabi tube is about 1 teaspoon. That is, about 1 teaspoon for 10 cm.
Surprisingly large, don’t you think? Still, 10 cm is the same as drawing a circle with a diameter of about 3 cm. If you wrap it around a circle or squeeze it out all at once, it will weigh only about 5 grams. Please try to get a feel for it by weighing it once.
Mixed Vegetables with Wasabi Flavor – Perfect with Alcohol
- mixed vegetables 200 g
- butter 5 g
- soy sauce 1 Tbsp
- wasabi (1g = 2cm) 10 g
- Place butter in a frying pan over medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add the frozen mixed vegetables.
- Once the mixed vegetables are warm, move the mixed vegetables to the edge of the pan to make room for them.
- Add soy sauce to the empty end of the pan and bring to a boil to char the soy sauce.
- When you smell the aroma, add the wasabi and mix everything well.
- Sprinkle pepper and taste.
- The spicy taste of the wasabi will dissipate as it cooks, so turn off the heat when it reaches the desired spicy taste.
- For more information on the secret of wasabi'sspiciness and other wasabi recipes, please click here.How to Use Wasabi? Tasty Wasabi Recipes From Scratch!Have you eaten wasabi? Wasabi tastes spicy. So, why is Wasabi spicy? How can we reduce the spiciness? And how to use Wasabi