One of the most popular ways to enjoy Gammodoki is simmered Ganmodoki. It’s easy to cook and great taste Japanese traditional recipe.
- gammodoki (12 small ones, recipe here) 450 g
- dashi soup (recipe here) 300 mL
- soy sauce 3 tablespoon
- brown sugar 3 tablespoon
- Put all the seasonings in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Put ganmodoki in and cook for 5 minutes.
- Let it cool down slowly. This lets ganmodoki to soak up the flavor. A little patience and it is ready!
Home-made ganmodoki is delicious when served fresh with ginger and soy sauce and simmered, but gammodoki is also great in a stew. Potatoes, carrots and onions are vegetables you commonly find in Finland, and tasty stews with vegetables and meat are traditional foods here. If you take the time to prepare your ingredients a little further, such as ganmodoki and satsuma-age, and use them to bring new flavor to stews they taste even more delicious.
share your dish!