It is important to prepare pork kidneys correctly. They are delicious and odorless. I will introduce a recipe for sweet soy sauce stewed pork kidneys, a Japanese classic offal dish.
Preparation is the Key
Pork kidneys smell very bad before preparation. To be honest, I am not sure if it is really edible. However, if you prepare pork kidneys correctly, you can remove the smell.
Besides pork kidneys, here are some other ways to prepare various offal. For ecample, pork hearts, beef stomachs, Achilles tendons, and so on.
Light and Easy to Eat
In addition, pork kidneys have a light and mild taste. If you are not a fan of offal, it is still easy to eat. Its texture is a slightly firm liver.
Add plenty of onions, ginger, and other savory vegetables, as in this recipe. Then, season them well with soy sauce and sugar. That is all you need to make it very tasty and easy to eat. You may think it is really offal.
Rich in Vitamins
In terms of nutrition, it is high in protein and rich in vitamins and minerals. However, it also contains a fair amount of fat. But it is not a food that you would eat in large quantities every day. So, you don’t need to worry too much about it.
Many Japanese offal dishes are made with sweet soy sauce and stewed with ginger and onions, as in this recipe. How about in other countries?
Tomato in Europe
First of all, in Europe, they often cook with tomatoes. Indeed, in Italy, a famous dish of abomasum stewed with tomatoes is.
Stir-fry in Asia
Next is Asia. Here, perhaps due to the climate, stir-fries are more common than stews. Many dishes are stir-fried with vegetables, using sesame oil, garlic, and ginger.
In all countries, people use savory vegetables to cover the smell well. Let’s try and find the best recipe for you !
Pork Kidney Stewed in Sweet Soy Sauce with Plenty of Onion
- pork kidney (pre-cooked, 300g raw) 150 g
- onion 200 g
- ginger 10 g
- soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar 2 Tbsp
- water 2 Tbsp
- Weight of pork kidney after preparation, before preparation it is about 300g. Click here to see how to prepare pork kidney.Preparing Pork Kidneys: How to Get the Odor OutHere is how to prepare pork kidneys. Pork kidneys have a rather strong smell, but they can be tasty if prepared correctly.
- Besides pork kidneys, this is a classic seasoning that goes well with a variety of offal, such as pork hearts.
- Cut the prepared pork kidneys into small pieces.
- Thinly slice the onion and shred the ginger.
- Put all ingredients in a pot and simmer for 10-20 minutes.
- Let it cool down after cooking to allow the flavors to soak in better.