How the Peanuts Tofu Hardens
The reason why the Peanuts tofu, Ji-Ma-Mi Tofu in Okinawa, hardens is because of the potato starch. This mechanism is the same as the sesame tofu. 
Peanuts Butter Tend to Be Lumpy
If you add a large amount of water to peanuts butter at once, water will not mix well and tahin will become lumpy. Peanuts contains a lot of oil, so it is natural that they do not mix well with water.
Once they become lumps, it is extremely difficult to dissolve them. So, first add the potato starch and seasonings, and mix well. If you add water little by little, you can mix the ingredients evenly without lumps.
If the mixture becomes lumpy, it is okay to mix it thoroughly while it is heating. But I recommend that you mix it a little more carefully to get a smooth texture.
Easy Homemade Peanut Tofu with Potato Starch and Peanuts Butter
- peanuts butter (no sugar) 50 g
- potato starch 25 g
- water 200 g
- Electronic scales
- Measuring spoon
- Silicon spatula for frying
- The smooth peanut butter without grains is recommended.
- Put peanuts butter and potato starch into a pot and mix well.
- Add water a little at a time and mix to prevent lumps from forming. It will be smoother if it is mixed evenly.
- Place the pan on low heat.
- While it is heating, keep stirring with a silicon spatula to scrape the bottom of the pan.
- When the mixture begins to thicken, stir thoroughly to make an even mixture.
- Cook until the mixture is very thick and the dough falls out of the pan when scooped up, not running.
- Place in a container and let cool.
- u can make edamame tofu and gelatin tofu easily also.Edamame Tofu: Easy to Make with Frozen EdamameThis recipe for Edamame Tofu is easy to make using frozen edamame. I use soy milk and gelatin so that it can be made overseas.Tofu Hardened with Gelatin - Easy to Make with Soy MilkThis recipe for Tofu is easy to make using gelatin and soy milk. You don't need to use salt called Nigari. It's only for cold tofu, hiya yakko.
- Tofu, cheese, konjac, how do these foods solidify?The Science of Solidifying - How Cheese and Tofu SolidifyLlet's take a look at some of the foods that are solidified, such as cheese, tofu, and konjac. Do you know the mechanism how they harden?