Pasta Salad with Cheese and Dried Tomatoes
The rich cheese flavor and the umami of the dried tomatoes make this pasta salad addictive. Just boil pasta and mix, then it’s ready!
- short pasta (*1) 150 g
- cheese (*2) 75 g
- onion (*3) 100 g
- dried tomato (*4) 100 g
- basil 5 leave
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Slice the onion thinly.
- Grate the cheese and put it in a bowl.
- Drain the pasta and immediately add to the bowl, mixing well with the cheese.
- Add the onion and dried tomatoes and mix.
- Check the taste and add salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle with chopped basil.
*1 I definitely recommend fusilli for this recipe. The folds are well covered with cheese.*2 You can use any cheese you like. I recommend the ones that soften with heat and easily blend with the pasta. I tried Gouda cheese and Parmesan cheese.*3 I recommend purple onions or other onions that are not too pungent. If you use regular onions, you can slice them and then soak them in water.*4 I recommend homemade dried tomatoes, which you can use a lot without worrying about the price. For instructions on how to make dried tomatoes, please click here.
Tips for Homemade Dried Tomatoes
Dried tomatoes are full of flavor and can be easily made. Here are many tips for you to make delicious dried tomato easily.
share your dish!