Sweet potatoes are not sweet. It was one of the most shocking things in Finland. Of course, I was surprised that sweet potatoes were orange, we have yellow in Japan. But they were not sweet enough to make me forget the color things.
I say “Finnish sweet potatoes,” but most of them are imported from the United States. So this is a trick that can be used in the U.S. and in other countries as well.
How to Bake Sweet and Delicious sweet Potato
- sweet potato (as much as you like)
- Measure the temperature with a thermometer, and preheat the oven to 70℃ (*1).
- Choose a long and thin sweet potato rather than a round one.
- Wrap the sweet potatoes in aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 2 hours.(*2)
- After two hours, raise the oven temperature to 200℃.
- Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the sweet potatoes are soft.