After more than an hour and a half in the oven at 70 degrees Celsius, I could smell the rich aroma of potatoes.
It looks like a normal baked potato, but I was surprised when I ate it. It was not as sweet as sweet potatoes, but it had a rich flavor. Even Juhani, who was born in Finland, the land of potatoes, had never tasted such a delicious baked potato! The potatoes were not as sweet as the sweet potatoes, but they had a rich flavor.
The reason why the potatoes were not as sweet as the sweet potatoes is because the amylase in the potatoes is not as strong as in the sweet potatoes. This difference can also be seen in the texture of the potatoes after cooking. While the sweet potatoes became quite wetty, the potatoes retained their texture. This is probably due to the fact that the starch in potatoes is not broken down much.
Baked Potatoes Too Good to be a Side Dish
- potato (as much as you like)
- Preheat the oven to 70 degrees Celsius, using a thermometer to measure the temperature (*1).
- Wrap the potatoes in aluminum foil and cook in the oven for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, raise the oven temperature to 200℃.
- Cook for 30 minutes to 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender.