Comfortable heat and sunshine, plenty of greenery and birdsong. Summer in Finland is the best. One of the things I secretly look forward to in the summer is turnips. You can buy turnips at supermarkets, but I prefer to buy turnips from street vendors. You can buy fresher turnips than in supermarkets.
Fresh turnips are best eaten raw or pickled. The sweetness of the turnip is enhanced and you can eat as much as you want. If it is fresh, you can of course eat the leaves raw as well.
Tsukemono, Japanese Pickled Turnip
- turnip 100 g
- salt (2% of turnip weight, *1) 2 g
- ajinomoto 1 pinch
- sesame oil (1tsp) 4 g
- Peel the turnips and cut into thin slices. Wash the leaves well and cut into chunks.
- Combine all the seasonings with the turnips and toss gently.
- Leave for at least 20 minutes before eating.
- You can find other tsukemono recipes from here.tsukemonoArticles of "tsukemono".