Hijiki Seasoned Rice
We have many ways to enjoy rice. Hijiki seasoned rice is one of the most popular seasoned rice recipes. Enjoy the great hijiki & soy taste!
- rice 400 mL
- dashi soup (reference recipe is here) 450 mL
- soy sauce 2 tablespoon
- brown sugar 2 tablespoon
- carrot 50 g
- mushroom (your favorite mushroom) 50 g
- hijiki (dried) 1.5 tablespoon
- aburaage (reference recipe is here) 50 g
- Put the rice and dashi soup in a pot and let it absorb water for at least 30 minutes.
- Put the hijiki in hot water and drain. Cut the other ingredients into strips.
- Put the seasonings in the pan and mix well. Add all the chopped ingredients and mix.
- Pour the all stuff from the pan on top of rice, and cover with lid. Heat over medium heat.
- When you can no longer hear the water boiling, its ready for the next phase. Mix lightly and steam with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and it’s ready!
You can make aburaage and freeze aburaage for quick and easy cooking of different seasoned rice recipes. I use champignon instead of all other mushrooms because it is common almost everywhere. Hijiki I can't find in Asian markets, so I use the ones I brought from Japan. You can get quite a few ingredients from Asian markets, but dried foods like hijiki and kiriboshi-daikon are hard to come by.
share your dish!