Easy edamame rice with frozen edamame! The flavour of the dashi and the sweetness of the edamame make you feel special.
- rice 400 mL
- dashi soup (recipe here) 480 mL
- edamame (frozen and peeled) 100 g
- salt 1/2 teaspoon
- Put the rice and dashi in a pot and let it sit for at least 30 minutes.
- Add salt and mix lightly.
- Put the frozen edamame on top and heat it over medium heat.
- When you can no longer hear the water boiling, it's ready to be mixed. Mix lightly and steam with the lid on for about 10 minutes.
- Serve and it’s ready!
Japanese people have many ways to enjoy rice, not only plain white rice, but also various types of cooked rice. I don't have a rice cooker, and I still cook rice twice a week because even though I don’t like white rice that much. Sometimes when I have friends over, I enjoy cooking different types of rice like this.
share your dish!