Meat Sauce with Lots of Vegetables
This meat sauce is full of vegetables. Even without wheat, the sauce is thick and goes well with pasta. It is seasoned with Heinz Worcestershire sauce.
- ground meat (any meat you like) 200 g
- onion 200 g
- carrot 200 g
- potato 200 g
- mushroom 50 g
- garlic 10 g
- canned tomatoes (diced or whole, finely chopped) 500 g
- olive oil 1 tablespoon
If available, add
- bay leaf 1
- instant coffee 1/2 teaspoon
- Finely chop all vegetables in a food processor.
- Add olive oil and ground meat to a frying pan and fry over medium heat, breaking up the meat lightly.
- When the minced meat is browned, add all the vegetables and fry more. Stir constantly to prevent it from burning (*2).
- Add the canned tomatoes and bay leaf, if available, and mix well.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are fully cooked (*3).
- When the vegetables are fully cooked, add all the seasonings, mix well, and turn off the heat.
- For every 100g of pasta, use 2 ladlefuls of sauce (about 300g).
*1 When I bought the Heinz Worcestershire sauce, I was surprised at how different it tasted from the Japanese version. The acidity and spiciness of the spices were strong, and it was not as mild as Japanese Worcestershire sauce. Nevertheless, it is still made from a lot of ingredients and is very useful to add depth to the flavor.
*2 The chopped potatoes make it easy to burn, but if it’s just sticking to the bottom of the pan, it will come off after you add the canned tomatoes. Just make sure it doesn’t turn into a deep black scorch.*3 Since all the vegetables are chopped, it is difficult to judge whether they are cooked or not by looking at them, but you can easily tell by tasting them. The recommended heating time is 10-20 minutes.
Heinz Worcester Sauce, 1er Pack (1 x 150 ml) : Amazon.de: Lebensmittel & Getränke
Amazon.de: Heinz Worcester Sauce, 1er Pack (1 x 150 ml) - Jetzt bestellen! Große Auswahl & schneller Versand.
share your dish!