Homemade Potato Gnocchi
Soft and chewy gnocchi is better when homemade. Fresh gnocchi goes well with many kinds of creamy sauces.
- Peel potato and put in a heat resistant dish. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Heat in the microwave oven full heat until the potato becomes soft enough. When you can stick a fork in it easily, it’s ready.
- Crush potato well.
- Add flour and salt, then mix well.
- Roll it into a 3cm thick stick, then cut it to 1.5cm thick coins.
- Make a mark with fork on the surface.
- Boil water and put gnocchi in.
- When the gnocchi starts to float, take away from the boiling water.
- Mix well with your favorite sauce and enjoy!
I recommend to serve gnocchi with tomato cream sauce or lemon cream sauce. Both are super easy and quick to make. Gnocchi is soft, chewy and sweet, a totally nice combination. Of course, you can buy ready-made gnocchi at supermarkets, but homemade gnocchi are tastier. This recipe is more like handicraft than cooking. It’s nice to cook gnocchi with children. They enjoy it, making gnocchi is almost the same as playing with mud.
share your dish!