To eat as much of it as I could in the summer, I made a quick and easy soboro don. The recipe calls for less zucchini, but you can add as much as you like. I tend to add as much zucchini as I do ground meat. The gentle taste of zucchini and the sweet and spicy taste of soy sauce and sugar are addictive.
Sweet and Spicy Soboro don with Plenty of Zucchini
- rice (cooked) 200 mL
- minced meat (pork or chicken) 300 g
- zucchini 200 g
- onion 100 g
- ginger 5 g
- sesame oil 1 Tbsp
- soy sauce 2.5 Tbsp
- brown sugar 2 Tbsp
- rough ground chili pepper (if you like)
- Cook rice.
- Finely chop the ginger, coarsely chop the onion, and thinly slice the zucchini.
- Place sesame oil, ginger, and ground meat in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Fry well until the minced meat is cooked through.
- Add the onion and zucchini and fry until lightly cooked.
- Add seasonings and mix well.
- Put the rice in a deep bowl and place the meat on top.