Zucchini is a vegetable that has been available for quite some time in Finland, where there are not many varieties of vegetables. It’s not very expensive, it doesn’t get bad easily, and it tastes great cooked, baked, or raw.
I bought the gizzards at an Asian market in Finland. They are frozen and sold in 1 kilo packs. The price is not too expensive, and it is quite nice to have gizzards that are easy to use and do not need to be bled.
Stir-Fried Zucchini and Gizzards with Umami Salt
- gizzard (*1) 200 g
- zucchini 200 g
- red bell pepper 100 g
- garlic 10 g
- sesame oil 1 Tbsp
- Cut the garlic into thin slices, and cut the gizzard, zucchini, and bell pepper into bite-sized pieces.
- Add sesame oil and garlic to a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- When the garlic becomes fragrant, add the gizzards and cover with a lid.
- When the gizzards are cooked, add the zucchini and bell pepper and saute until desired doneness (*2).
- Add seasoning to taste and serve.