Don is the BEST
Chicken is good, but since I had a lot of mushrooms, I wanted to make a recipe for mushrooms, so I made an egg rice bowl, tamago don or tamago donburi.
This time, I used Lampaankääpä. This mushroom has a very strong umami taste, with a flavor similar to that of shimeji mushrooms or shiitake mushrooms.
If you use frozen mushrooms, it is easier to get the umami taste. Two or more types of mushrooms will make it even better.
Easy Tamago Donburi with Onion and Mushrooms
- onion 300 g
- mushroom 150 g
- egg 4
- Electronic scale
- Kitchen knife
- Cutting board
- Frying pan
- Silicon spatula for frying
- For mushrooms, use a mixture of two or more of your favorite kinds, frozen and fresh.Convenient Frozen Mushrooms for Easy Umami BoostIf mushrooms are frozen, guanylic acid, the umami component, increases. Dried shiitake mushrooms are delicious because of this guanylic acid.
- Cook the rice.
- Cut onion and mushrooms into thin slices. Use the frozen mushrooms without thawing.
- Place onions, mushrooms, and seasonings in a frying pan, cover, and place over medium heat.
- Place the eggs in a bowl and mix gently. Be careful not to over mix.
- When the onions are well seasoned, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- Cook for a while, then turn off the heat, cover, and cook the eggs to your favorite.
- Serve on top of rice.