It’s mushroom season in Finland. Street markets sell mainly Kantarelli and Suppilovahvero. If you go into the forest on your own, you can find a lot of mushrooms, including Herkkutatti and other tatti.
We don’t know much about mushrooms, but this year we learned how to identify Lampaankääpä. They are also very tasty. It has a strong flavor that somehow reminds me of shiitake or shimeji mushrooms.
Spinach and Mushroom Cream Soup with Minced Chicken
- minced chicken 200 g
- onion 150 g
- mushrooms 150 g
- spinach 150 g
- olive oil 1 Tbsp
- flour 3 Tbsp
- milk 400 mL
- chicken consomme 2 tsp
- Ajinomoto 1 pinch
- You can use two or more mushrooms of your choice, a mixture of frozen and fresh.Convenient Frozen Mushrooms for Easy Umami BoostIf mushrooms are frozen, guanylic acid, the umami component, increases. Dried shiitake mushrooms are delicious because of this guanylic acid.
- Spinach, weighed after boiling. Can be frozen one.
- Thinly slice the onion.
- Cut mushrooms into thin slices. If they are frozen, use them without thawing.
- Boil spinach and chop into small pieces. Frozen spinach is fine also.
- Add olive oil and onion to a frying pan and fry over high-medium heat. It is okay if it browns a little.
- Turn the heat to medium and add the ground chicken in chunks. Cook for a while, then gently break up the meat into large chunks.
- Add the mushrooms and spinach, cover and cook thoroughly.
- Add the flour and mix thoroughly.
- Immediately add 100 mL of milk and mix well. When the mixture comes to a boil, add another 100mL at a time, mixing well.
- Add the seasoning and taste for seasoning.