Silakka Potato Roll
Mashed potato with dried tomato and herbs wrapped with Silakka, a common Finnish fish. Small fish like horse mackerel or sardine work as well.
- Silakka (baltic herring *1, or horse mackerel, sardines, etc.) 300 g
- wheat flour
- onion 200 g
- olive oil (*2) 2 Tbsp
20cm oven dish
- Preheat the oven to 175℃.
- Cut the onion into thin slices and spread them in a baking dish.
- Place the Silakka, skin side down.
- Sprinkle with salt lightly.
- Sprinkle the flour lightly.
- Place about 2 tablespoons of the mashed potatoes on top of the Silakka.
- Roll the mashed potatoes with the Silakka (*1).
- Place the rolls in a baking dish, end side down.
- Pour olive oil around the rolls.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes.
*1 There were 23 fish for 300g. You don’t have to wrap the mashed potatoes completely with Silakka, so the Silakka can be as large or as small as you like, but adjust the amount of potatoes you wrap each time.*2 I used the olive oil that I had used with the dried tomatoes. It has a delicious tomato flavor.
Tips for Homemade Dried Tomatoes
Dried tomatoes are full of flavor and can be easily made. Here are many tips for you to make delicious dried tomato easily.
share your dish!