It’s important to prepare and remove the smell of the tripe before cooking. This recipe is made with soy sauce, simple and tasty motsuni.
Overseas tripe has a much stronger smell than in Japan. I was quite hesitant to try it because people who have tried it before said that it smelled so bad that they couldn’t eat it. However, after a lot of trial and error, I succeeded in removing the smell and was able to eat motsuni, Japanese stewd tripe overseas.
Simple Soy Sauce & Rich Miso
The small intestine, which had almost no smell, was served with a simple soy sauce. For the large intestine, which smelled a bit strong, I used a more aromatic miso sauce to cover the smell. Of course, both were delicious. How’s the tripe today?
Click here to learn how to prepare beef tripe, Gialla.
Soy Flavoerd Motsuni, Japanese Tripe Stwe with Large and Small Intestine
- precooked pork tripe 200 g
- daikon radish 200 g
- onion 150 g
- carrot 100 g
- konjac 100 g
- ginger 10 g
- water 600 mL
- soy sauce 4 Tbsp
- brown sugar 2 Tbsp
- Electronic scales
- Measuring spoon
- Cutting board
- For the tripe, I used pork large and small intestines.
- Even stinky tripe can be used! Here's how to prepare pork large intestine, small intestine, and other tripe.Preparing Pork Large and Small Intestines for StewTripe is quite smelly. Here is a method for preparing pork large intestine, small intestine, and other stinky offal to remove the smell.
- Cut daikon, onion and carrot into slices, and ginger into thin strips.
- Put the precooked tripe, vegetables, and water in a pot and place over medium heat.
- When the daikon and carrots are cooked, add the seasonings.
- Simmer for 1-2 hours to let the flavors soak in.
- Click here for the recipe for Miso-Style Stewed tripe.Miso Motsuni, Japanese Tripe Stew with Pig IntestineIf you prepar properly, you can eat even stinky tripe. Miso will be even less stinky. This Motsuni has a sweet and salty taste that is comforting.
- For a recipe for Tomato Stewed Tripe, click here.Beef Stomach Abomasum, Stewed in TomatoesWell prepared abomasum is stewed in tomato sauce with aromatic vegetables. They don't have odor. Enjoy the texture and the taste!
- Click here to learn how I ended up eating tripe overseas.Eat Pig Tripe and Motsuni, Japanese Tripe Stew OverseasIn Finland, I challenged myself to prepare and eat small & large intestines of pork in order to eat Motsuni, Japanese tripe stewe overseas.pig tripe