Perfect Tasted Potato and Meat Korokke
Korokke is one of the most popular ready-to-eat food in Japan. Overseas, we need to cook it by hand, and this delicious korokke is worth it.
- potato 500 g
- minced meat (beef, mixed meat or pork is recommended) 200 g
- onion 100 g
- soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar 2 Tbsp
- black pepper
- egg 1
- water 1 Tbsp
- wheat flour
Making the dough
- Peel potatoes and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Place potatoes in a heatproof container and microwave until soft enough to mash.
- Mash the potatoes with a masher thoroughly.
- Finely chop the onion.
- Put the minced meat and onions in a frying pan and fry over medium heat.
- Add seasonings and fry further (*2).
- Add the contents of the frying pan (*2) to the mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Form into a oval shape (*1).
- Preheat the fryer to 170℃.
- Crack eggs, add water, and mix well.
- Lightly coat the dough with flour and dip it into the egg mixture.
- Coat evenly with bread crumbs and place in the fryer immediately.
- Deep-fry until the batter is golden brown (*3).
*1 I made 15 small croquettes, 50g in weight, 5cm x 8cm, 1.5cm thick. I think there are enough for 4 adults. *2 It is okay if there is some water left. Combine all with the potatoes, as it also seasons the potatoes. *3 Since the inside is already cooked, deep-fry for about 3 minutes, and when the batter is colored, it is ready.
share your dish!