KFC has finally come to Finland. Still, we need a homemade KFC recipe that is easy to make at any time. If you haven’t tried KFC yet, you should try this recipe.
KFC Has Come
I love KFC. It’s just that taste that I sometimes feel the urge to eat. I always order the chicken filet sandwich set with an extra piece of chicken. It’s an excellent lunchtime indulgence and a great accompaniment for a beer.
Finland has never had a KFC before. But in November 2021, KFC finally opened in Finland. But most of the stores are in Helsinki. I want to eat KFC without having to take a two-hour train ride. Then let’s make it.
Karaage? Fried Chicken?
What is the difference between KFC-style fried chicken and Japanese-style fried chicken? Check it out.
- Karaage… the meat is seasoned well beforehand.
- Fried chicken… the meat is not seasoned and the batter is well seasoned.
Indeed, KFC chicken has a delicious batter. The batter is so good that you could eat only the batter.
Prep in Pressure Pot
KFC is known for its tender meat. That’s because they fry the meat in a special pressure cooker. Of course, it is impossible to pressure fry at home, so I separated the pressure frying process from the frying process.
By steaming them first, I didn’t have to worry about inside could be raw, which made me feel much better even though the process was more complicated.
KFC Style Fried Chicken with Lots of Spices
- chicken thigh or chicken drum 1 kg
- egg 1
- milk 50 mL
- flour 50 g
- salt 1 tsp
- garlic salt 1/2 tsp
- ginger powder 1/2 tsp
- allspice 1/2 tsp
- black pepper 1/2 tsp
- white pepper 1/3 tsp
- paprika powder 1/3 tsp
- dry thyme 1/3 tsp
- dry basil 1/3 tsp
- Cut the chicken into palm-sized pieces.
- Put the chicken in a steamer basket provided with the pressure cooker, add hot water and heat it up.
- Heat for 5 minutes after the whistling sound of steam has started.
- The soup left from steaming can be used for soup (*1.
- Put the oil in the fryer and heat it to 190 degrees.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and mix them well.
- Add milk and mix well.
- Put all the ingredients for the batter in a dish and mix well.
- Put the chicken in the egg liquid and coat it all over.
- Spread the batter thinly all over the parts of chicken and fry immediately.
- Let it fry for 1-2 minutes, and when the batter has become nicely brown, take it out and drain out the oil on kitchen paper.
- The meat is already cooked, so there is no need to slow fry it.
- Be careful not to over fry the meat, as it will become dry.
- Serve with colorful veggies and the dish is ready to go!
- 500 mL steamed soup3 pinches ajinomoto1/2 teaspoon saltA pinch black pepper2 eggs
- Bring the steaming water to a boil and remove the lye.
- Add seasoning and adjust the taste.Bring the soup to a boil strongly, pour in the beaten eggs with a swirl, and turn off the heat immediately.