Lasagna with eggplant, Black Beauty
This lasagna is made with eggplant instead of pasta. Black Beauty is the suitable eggplant for this because it retains its texture after cooking.
- eggplant (black beauty *1) 200 g
- meat sauce (about 3 ladlefuls) 500 g
- cheese 100 g
- Here is a recipe for a vegetable-rich, wheat-free meat sauce.Meat Sauce with Lots of VegetablesThis meat sauce is full of vegetables seasoned with Heinz Worcestershire sauce. Without wheat, the sauce is thick and goes well with pasta.
- Preheat the oven to 250℃.
- Cut eggplant into slices about 3 mm thick.
- Place the meat sauce and eggplant alternately in a heatproof container (*2).
- Sprinkle with cheese and bake in the oven for 10-15 minutes, until well browned.
*1 Black Beauty, which is called as Bei Nasu in Japan, are the main type of eggplant sold in Finland. Japanese long eggplants become soft when cooked, but Black Beauty retain their texture when cooked. Long eggplants are suitable for dishes such as Mapo eggplant, but Black Beauty is by far the best for this lasagna.
*2 Whether the top layer is eggplant or meat sauce, both are delicious.
Mapo Eggplant is a Chinese dish, but a Japanese-style version is often eaten as a home cooking. A quick and easy recipe for Mapo eggplant.
share your dish!