Easy Char-siu Pork don
Char-siu is a tasty but time-consuming food. This easy recipe saves time. You can enjoy the smell of sweet soy and grilling, and of course, it’s just delicious.
- rice (follow this instraction) 200 mL
- water 240 mL
- pork (kylkisiivu) 300 g
- onion 100 g
if you want
- nori seaweed
- spring onion
- soy sauce 2 tablespoon
- brown sugar 2 tablespoon
- Cook rice as following the instruction
- Slice pork to 5mm thickness and slice onion also very thin.
- Put pork on a pan and heat with strong middle heat.
- Fry pork till the surface become brown, then turn them over and add seasoning.
- Mix well and heat for a while.
- Put rice in a bowl and add sliced onion on it.
- Add pork on the rice.
- Decorate with fine cut seaweed and chopped spring onion if you want and it’s ready.
●Char-siu is s tasty but time-consuming food. Of course, we need to cook it traditionally for example for ramen. But, for a don dish, this recipe is completely enough, or even better. ●The key of char-siu is the thickness of meat and a well-fried surface. You need to fry only one side! If you fry both sides well, the meat becomes too dry. For this purpose, 5mm thickness is perfect. With this thickness, frying one side is enough for the meat to be cooked fully. ●For this recipe, I recommend to use pork with fat like ribs. I used the side of pork, “kylkisiivu”, and it was perfect.
share your dish!