Chicken Soboro is minced chicken seasoned with sweet and spicy sauce.
Soboro can be served over rice as a soboro donburi (rice bowl) or as a sansho-don (three-color rice bowl) with scrambled eggs and pea pods.
Donburi is easy, delicious, and loved by everyone. It is easy to make, but I am concerned about the lack of vegetables. In our house, I add chopped mushrooms and onions to chicken soboro. In this recipe, I used chopped mushrooms; it says 50g, but you can add more. When I was in Japan, I used to put in so much that I couldn’t tell if it was mainly minced meat or enoki mushrooms.
Chicken Soboro Donburi without Sake and Mirin
- minced chicken 300 g
- mushrooms (or enoki mushrooms) 50 g
- ginger 10 g
- soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- brown sugar 2 Tbsp
- rice (cooked) 200 g
- egg (scrambled) 2
- pea cod (boiled) 100 g
- Finely chop the mushrooms and ginger.
- Put all the ingredients in a frying pan and heat over medium heat.
- Fry, breaking up the ingredients with a spatula.
- Serve on rice with scrambled eggs and pea pods.