Chicken Macaroni Gratin
This is a classic macaroni and cheese gratin made with simple ingredients. Works even without white sauce, easy to make and delicious.
- chicken thigh 300 g
- onion 300 g
- mushroom 100 g
- macaroni 200 g
- wheat flour 120 mL
- milk 800 mL
- chicken soup stock powder 2 tablespoon
- chieese 100 g
- Boil macaroni according to instructions on the package.
- Cut chicken thighs into bite-sized pieces. Cut onion and mushrooms into thin slices.
- Place the chicken, onion and mushrooms in a frying pan, cover with a lid and heat over medium heat.
- When the chicken is cooked and the onions are transparent, add the flour and mix well.
- Add milk 100 mL at a time, mixing well each time.
- Add the macaroni and the chicken soup stock powder, mix thoroughly, and remove from heat.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Place in an oven suitable container and top with cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 200°C for 10 to 15 minutes until it got a nice brown surface. Ready to be served.
Finland also has a gratin-like dish called makaronilaatikko, but I still love the Japanese style gratin. In this recipe, the amount of milk to be added to the roux is determined by the expectation that it will be eaten immediately. If there will be some time between cooking and eating, such as at a party, add 100-200mL more milk to account for the macaroni will absorb liquid after cooking also.
share your dish!