Chicken Breast is Popular Overseas
However, after six months in Finland, I started to see chicken thigh in various supermarkets. To be precise, it may be that I finally discovered that thigh meat is sold in the market. The thigh is smaller than Japanese thighs and does not have the skin on it. Probably due to the different working procedure. But I am very grateful that I do not have to remove it from the bone myself.
My Karaage and the Batter
My karaage is sweetly seasoned. I have eaten fried chicken at many restaurants, but I think our karaage is the best. If you think sweet seasoning is not acceptable, please give it a try. The rumor got around that Ahi’s karaage was somehow delicious, and at my high school’s sports day, I packed a lunch box full of karaage and completed the lunch box by exchanging with my friends.
Chicken Karaage, No Sake, No Mirin
- chicken thigh (or chicken wing) 400 g
- soy sauce 3 Tbsp
- brown sugar 3 Tbsp
- water 1 Tbsp
- ginger (1 slice, *1) 5 g
- oil (for deep fry)
- potato starch (for roll chicken in before frying)
- plastic bag
- kitchen paper
- frying tong
- Heat oil to 180 degrees.
- Wipe the chicken with kitchen paper before the next phase.
- Roll chicken lightly in potato starch and put it directly in the hot oil.
- Fry for 3-5 minutes. Chicken is ready when the sizzling sound calms down and it has a nice brownish surface.
- Drain the ready the chicken on kitchen paper(*3).
- Serve nicely and it’s ready.
- Here you can find more seasoned meat recipe.Easy & Juicy Meat Prep Archives - Piece of OishiSeason the meat to make it tender and juicy, then freeze it to make really nice meat preps! Easy & juicy Prep meat recipes!