For example, when you eat Teishoku, a set meal in Japan, there are so many dishes.
Therefore, there are a good number of Japanese people who think that there must be a lot of variety when eating rice at home.
But for us, it is basically one dish. Sometimes it’s just a stir-fry, sometimes it’s just soup. Even if there is a side dish or Japanese food, it is basically one plate.
If I can’t think of a menu, I cook rice and make a bowl of something. It could be grilled fish, bacon and eggs, etc. Just put it on rice and it will look delicious.
Pork rice bowl is an easy and no-fail dish. And it’s delicious. It’s the best.
Sweet and Spicy Delicious Pork Rice Bowl, Butadon
- Rice (cooked and ready to eat) 200 mL
- thin sliced pork 300 g
- onion 200 g
- garlic 10 g
- sesame oil 1 Tbsp
- brown sugar 3 Tbsp
- soy sauce 2 Tbsp
- Cut the onion and garlic into thin slices, and cut the pork into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat sesame oil and garlic in a frying pan over medium heat until fragrant.
- Add the pork and fry.
- When the pork is lightly cooked, turn it over and add the onions.
- Cover with a lid and cook until the onions are transparent and soft.
- Open the lid, add the seasonings, and mix well.
- Let the excess water evaporate and let the seasoning soak in.
- Serve on top of rice. Top with half boiled egg if desired.