How do you use wasabi? You can enjoy wasabi more by mixing it with a variety of foods.
Wasabi and basil go together perfectly. Just mix with mayonnaise and dress with tomatoes, avocado, and soft boiled chicken for a simple and delicious salad.
Why is Wasabi Spicy?
The spicy taste of wasabi is due to an ingredient called allyl isothiocyanate. Here is a summary of why it is spicy and how to reduce the spiciness.
Japanese Avocado Dip
Avocado dip is easy to make and delicious. It is also very appealing because you can change the style of the dip depending on the seasoning you choose.
For example, if you use cream cheese, you can make it European style. It goes well with crackers and wine. If you add tomatoes or spices like guacamole, it goes well with tortilla chips.
And if you season it with wasabi and soy sauce, as in this recipe, it has a flavor that is suitable for everyday Japanese dining.
2cm Wasabi Tube = 1g
I actually weighed the wasabi tube and found that 2 cm of wasabi tube is about 1 g. That is, 10 cm of wasabi tube is about 1 teaspoon. That is, about 1 teaspoon for 10 cm.
Surprisingly large, don’t you think? Still, 10 cm is the same as drawing a circle with a diameter of about 3 cm. If you wrap it around a circle or squeeze it out all at once, it will weigh only about 5 grams. Please try to get a feel for it by weighing it once.
Easy Japanese Avocado Dip with Wasabi and Soy Sauce
- avocado (1/2-1) 100 g
- mayonnaise (30g) 2 Tbsp
- wasabi 5-10 g
- soy sauce (6g) 1 tsp
- lemon juice (3g) 1/2 tsp
- black pepper
- Cut avocado into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the avocado.
- Add mayonnaise, wasabi, soy sauce, lemon juice and black pepper and mix well.
- Check the taste. Add more wasabi if you need more.
- Serve on vegetable sticks or on toast.
- For more information on the secret of wasabi'sspiciness and other wasabi recipes, please click here.How to Use Wasabi? Tasty Wasabi Recipes From Scratch!Have you eaten wasabi? Wasabi tastes spicy. So, why is Wasabi spicy? How can we reduce the spiciness? And how to use Wasabi