And once I had the roasted soybeans, I had no choice but to make this. I love these sugar-coated soybeans in hina-arare, which is special snack for girls’ festival. I can’t find any other words to describe how great it is to be able to make as many sugar coated soy as I want.
Of course, you can make it with soybeans, but you can also make it with other nuts. At the Christmas markets in Germany, sugar-coated nuts were sold here and there in paper containers. Recently, they started having Christmas markets in Finland, and I am quite happy to see them sold there as well.
Sugar Coated Soybean, Healthy Snacks
- roasted soybeans (*1) 50 g
- white sugar 2 Tbsp
- water 1/2 Tbsp
- Make roasted soybeans (*1). Deep-roasted soybeans are good.Roasted Soybeans, An Easy-to-Make Healthy SnackRoasted soybeans, popular as beans for Setsubun, can be easily made at home. The only ingredient is soybeans, so it is a very healthy snack.
- Put sugar and water in a frying pan and put it on medium heat.
- When it comes to a boil, add the roasted soybeans and continue to stir with a spatula.
- When the sugar on the edge of the pan turns into white crystals, stop the heat and continue to stir (*2).
- When the sugar turns white, stop stirring and let it cool down.