For kinako, I roasted the soybeans directly in the oven. It’s not a problem because I make it into a powder. But it’s too hard to eat as it is. For roasted soybeans, they need to be soaked in water from the day before so that they absorb enough water.
Roasted soybeans are commonly used as beans for Setsubun. It’s a day to devide the season, and we through the roasted beans to pray for our health and happiness. At the same time, in Setsubun, we eat as many soybeans as our age. And I liked roasted soybeans so much that I used to take care of the rest of the soybeans every year. Now that I know that I can make my own roasted soybeans, my QOL has gone up considerably. I am writing this article while eating roasted soybeans for breakfast.
Roasted Soybeans, An Easy-to-Make Healthy Snack
- soybeans 100 g
- Wash the soybeans, put them in four times the amount of water, and put them in the refrigerator. Let them absorb water overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Lightly rinse the water-absorbed soybeans and drain.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out the soybeans so that they do not overlap.
- Cook in the oven for 45-60 minutes, until fully crispy.
- After 20 to 30 minutes, the soybeans will start to brown and you can cover them with aluminum foil to prevent them from burning.
- You can also use roasted soybeans to make sugar glazed soybeans.Sugar Coated Soybean, Healthy SnacksRoasted soybeans coated with sugar, traditional snacks in Japan. It is a slightly sweet and crunchy snack that you can't stop eating.