I made homemade dango, Japanese rice dumplings, and I also made Kinako with them.
See here for the recipe of the dango and the story of rice flour.
Type of Japanese Rice and Science of Starch
There are two main types of rice used for rice flour. I researched the types and the properties of each starch.
Type of Rice Flour Used in Japanese Cooking
Shiratama, Mochi, Joshin, Dango... So many types of rice flour is used in Japanese cooking, What's the difference?
Types of Rice Flour Overseas and Dango Dumpling Recipe
You can make Dango, Japanese rice dumplings by using rice flour and glutinous rice flour, which is sold at Asian markets.
How to Make Homemade Kinako, Soybean Powder in the Oven
Kinako is roasted soybeans ground into powder. It is often used in Japanese sweets. If you have soybeans, you can easily make it yourself.
- soybeans 100 g
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Place the soybeans on a baking sheet and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stop heating when you can smell the aroma. Be careful not to burn them.
- Remove from heat and grind into small pieces using a blender or mill (*1).
- Mix in sugar and other ingredients as desired.
If it is not completely fine, sieve it in a colander.
share your dish!