Gyuhi and Habutae Mochi are very famous mochi sweets in Japan. It can be made in a microwave oven with glutinous rice flour available at Asian markets.
Mochi with Glutinous Rice Flour
Using the same procedure, you can easily make gyuhi or habutae mochi, famous mochi sweets in Japan.
Sugar Keeps Texture
Gyuhi and Habutae Mochi – Famous Mochi Sweets with Microwave
- glutinous rice flour 50 g
- white sugar 40 g
- boiling water 100 g
- potato starch
- Use a heatproof container such as a measuring cup or other deep, cylindrical container for easy mixing.Amazon.com: Pyrex Glass Measuring Cup Set (3-Piece, Microwave and Oven Safe),Clear: Home & KitchenOnline Shopping for Kitchen Utensils & Gadgets from a great selection at everyday low prices. Free 2-day Shipping with Amazon Prime.
- For a silicon spatula, a long and thin one like this one is easy to mix.Amazon.com: StarPack Premium Silicone Spatula Set (2 Small, 2 Large) - High Heat Resistant to 600°F, Hygienic One Piece Design, Non Stick Rubber Cooking Utensil Set (Gray Black): Home & KitchenOnline Shopping for Kitchen Utensils & Gadgets from a great selection at everyday low prices. Free 2-day Shipping with Amazon Prime.
- Put glutinous rice flour and white sugar in a heatproof container and mix well.
- Add boiling water and mix well with a silicon spatula until no lumps remain.
- Heat in a microwave oven. For 50g of glutinous rice flour, heat for 20-30 seconds at a time. Be careful not to overheat.
- Mix well with a silicon spatula.
- Repeat this procedure 2 to 3 times. When the mixture is sticky enough, taste it to make sure there is no powdery residue.
- Sift the starch onto a cookie sheet.
- Place the mochi on top and sprinkle with the flour.
- Spread the starch all over the mochi and roll out to desired thickness.
- When cool enough to handle, cut into desired size pieces.
- It is also delicious with anko in between.How to Cook Anko, Japanese Sweet Bean PasteAnko, sweet beans paste, made by slow-boiling azuki beans, is indispensable for Japanese sweets. It goes well with both bread and pie.White, Green and Matcha Anko with Canned Navy Beans and PeasThe easiest recipe for anko using canned beans. You can use navy beans for white and matcha anko, and green peas for green anko, uguisu an.
- You can also use glutinous rice flour to make kirimochi, kagami mochi, mochi for New Year.Making Mochi with Glutinous Rice Flour in Microwave OvenMochi is not ice cream with chewy crust. Only the sticky and chewy crust is mochi. You can make mochi using glutinous rice flour easily.