Nordic bakery made from puff pastry dough. It’s filled with plum jam and decorated with powder sugar. A Christmas recipe.
A Great Scandinavian Christmas Classic
Christmas tarts are a traditional dessert found in every Nordic country. In Finland, it is called Joulutoruttu, and the picture on the pie crust box is used all year round.
The jam in the middle is usually plum jam. Apricot jam and apple jam with cinnamon are also very good. The pies with anko, a favorite of the Japanese, were a big hit with the Finns.
Of course, you can make your own pie crust, but it takes a lot of time and effort, so we use ready-made ones. I think everyone has their own preferences when it comes to food, but we choose to use palm oil free products for everything including the pie crust and soup stocks.
For Finnish recipes that can be made outside Finland, click here. [https://pieceofoishi.cHere is the popular Finnish Christmas recipe.om/tag/finnish-food/]
Joulutorttu, Finnish Traditional Christmas Pastry
- Take out the ready-made puff pastry dough and unfreeze.
- Heat oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Cut dough as square and decorate following the picture.Fill the center with jam and anko suitable to be cooked in the oven.
- Cook on the center level for about 10-15 minutes. They should have a nice light brown color.
- After cool down, pour some powder sugar in the colander and sprinkle it on the Christmas tarts.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Anko suits really nice for Christmas tarts!How to Cook Anko, Japanese Sweet Bean PasteAnko, sweet beans paste, made by slow-boiling azuki beans, is indispensable for Japanese sweets. It goes well with both bread and pie.White, Green and Matcha Anko with Canned Navy Beans and PeasThe easiest recipe for anko using canned beans. You can use navy beans for white and matcha anko, and green peas for green anko, uguisu an.