Christmas Mixed Fruit Soup
Christmas soup, why not an all-around-the-year soup? A sweet and healthy recipe that goes well with rice porridge.
- dried plum 150 g
- dried apricot 150 g
- dried fig 150 g
- water 1000 mL
- brown sugar 150 mL
For making the soup thick
- potato starch (or more) 100 mL
- water 100 mL
- Cut the plums, apricots and figs to half or thirds.
- Put water and dried fruits into the pressure pot and heat with middle heat.
- Continue to heat 5 minutes after the whistling sound starts.
- Open lid and let it come close to a boil ,then add sugar.
- Mix cold water and potato starch well in a cup. Pour the liquid into the soup as a thin stream and mix well at the same time. Bring the soup to a boil whilst mixing and take off from heat.
- It will thicken more when it cools down. You can serve this warm or cold. Serve with rice porridge and enjoy!
A soft and nice soup from dried fruits. It is specially made during Christmas and served with rice porridge in Finland. Also, as a dessert on its own. With this recipe you will get a thick and sweet soup. Many times a mixture of plums, apricot and apple is used, but in this recipe apple is replaced with fig.
share your dish!