Easy Salty Cheesy Cookie
These cheese cookies are easy to make, mix in a plastic bag and bake. They are not too sweet and are good companions for beer or wine.
- flour (strong flour, *1) 75 g
- potato starch 25 g
- cheese (your favorite cheese, hard*2) 50 g
- sugar 10 g
- black pepper
- olive oil 40 g
- plastic bag
- Preheat the oven to 170°C.
- Shave the cheese into small pieces.
- Put flour, potato starch, cheese, sugar and pepper in a plastic bag.
- Fill the plastic bag with air, close it, and shake well to mix the flours.
- Pour the olive oil into the bag.
- Mix well to thoroughly (*3).
- Roll out the dough in the bag to about 5 mm thick (*4).
- Cut and open the plastic bag and cut the dough into desired sizes (*5).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes (*6).
*1 Almost all flour sold in Finland is strong flour.
*2 I made it with Gouda cheese and Parmesan cheese. Blue cheese would also be delicious, but be sure to break it into small pieces before mixing it with the flour. Cheeses with a lot of water, like cream cheese, are not suitable. *3 You can fold the dough in the bag while mixing. The dough is not sticky like regular cookie dough, but crumbles into pieces. If the dough does not hold together and remains powdery, add 1 teaspoon of olive oil and mix again. *4 Fold the bag and roll the dough out to make a nice rectangle. *5 Be careful, the dough tends to fall apart. If it falls apart, just press it down and stick it together. *6 If you overcook the dough because it hasn’t browned yet, the cheese and sugar in the dough will burn. Even if the cookies have not been baked for 10 minutes, take them out when black spots appear on the dough.
Flour in Finland
Many different types of flour are sold in the markets. Which flour should I use? Which is the strongest flour? What about light flour?
share your dish!