Mainly, I make blackened banana into banana cake.
Banana cake is good to eat all year round, but what I want to eat in the summer is this banana ice cream.
Ice cream is very expensive in Finland. It’s not just ice cream that’s expensive, but as an ice cream lover, I can’t stand the fact that it costs 2€ or more.
Juhani made this banana and peanut butter ice cream. And this recipe is a more trimmed down version of his recipe to make it easier to eat.
Ripe Banana and Peanut Butter Ice Cream
- bananas (300g, well ripe) 3
- peanut butter (unsweetened, *1) 100 g
- plastic bag
- Put bananas and peanut butter in a plastic bag.
- Close the plastic bag, rub well to break up the bananas, and mix with the peanut butter.
- Flatten the contents of the bag and place in the freezer.
- After 30 minutes and 60 minutes, remove the bag from the freezer and gently rub (*2) the hardened part to soften it.
- After 90 minutes (*3), remove and serve.
The bananas are sweet enough, so I use unsweetened peanut butter. *2
If you keep putting them in the freezer, they will become too hard, so loosen any parts that become hard. *3
The best time to eat them is when they are still a little soft.
If you put it in the freezer too long, it will become too hard to rub with your hands, but you can soften it by hand mixer.