No-knead Bread Can Be Shaped
If you can form it, you can expand the variety of breads. If the water content is over 80%, it is quite difficult to handle, so I lowered the ratio a little and tried 70%, and the dough became quite easy to handle.
I think even a beginner can do well with petite baguette that only need to be rolled out.
No Pot Required, Spray Required
By heating the campagne in a pot, it came out crispy without the need for misting. For this petite baguette, misting is a must. 3 or 4 light sprays will give it a crunchy texture.
No-Knead Bread, Overnight Petite Round Baguette
- wheat flour 300 g
- water 210 g
- salt 4 g
- dry yeast 1 g
- Put the flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the water.
- Mix with a spatula until the dough is no longer powdery and comes together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature (15-25℃) overnight or for about 12 hours. (*2)
- When the dough has doubled in size and you can see many small bubbles on the surface, the first fermentation is complete.
- Line a work table with a silicone mat and sift the flour.
- Line a baking sheet with cookie paper.
- Using a spatula, remove the fermented dough from the edge of the bowl.
- Mix the dough by scooping it up from the bottom, about 10 times, to make it strong and round. Be careful not to cut the gluten.
- Drop the dough onto the floured surface of the work table.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal portions (about 85g each) using an electronic scale and a skepper.
- Roll out the dough. If the dough is too sticky, flour it as needed.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. In the meantime, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Just before baking, make a coupe with a knife dipped in olive oil.
- Spray the dough with water 3 or 4 times with a sprayer.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until well browned.
- Why we can make bread without kneading? The reason is here.Why Do We Knead Bread? Mechanism of No-Knead BreadWhy we cam make bread without kneading, as in no-knead bread? If you understand the reason for kneading bread dough, it's easy question.
- You can make no-knead noodles also, not only bread.no-knead breadArticles of "no-knead bread".