No-Knead Bread Is Also Good for Focaccia
I wanted to increase the water content (ratio of water to flour), so I tried different patterns.
When the water content exceeds 85%, it becomes quite difficult to form. Even if you make it into a campagne, it collapses the shape during the secondary fermentation and doesn’t have good enough height.
Then I decided to make a focaccia, which is originally a thin bread.
I wanted to increase the water content as much as possible, but at 100% the holes would close up too quickly and the baking wouldn’t be as fluffy as I wanted.
The best for Focaccia was to use 90% water content in this recipe.
The dough is so sticky that touching it directly with your hands is a big problem. The key is to pour olive oil over the dough and shape it using a smooth motion.
No-Knead Bread, Overnight Focaccia – Easier than Campagne
- wheat flour 300 g
- water 270 g
- salt 4 g
- dry yeast 1 g
- olive oil 1 Tbsp
- Put the flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the water.
- Mix with a spatula until the dough is no longer powdery and comes together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature (15-25℃) overnight or for about 12 hours. (*2)
- When the dough has doubled in size and you can see many small bubbles on the surface, the first fermentation is complete.
- Line a baking sheet with cookie paper.
- Using a spatula, remove the fermented dough from the rim of the bowl.
- Mix 2-3 times, scooping up from the bottom. Be careful not to cut the gluten.
- Drop the dough onto the middle of a cookie sheet.
- Pour olive oil over the dough.
- Spread the olive oil over the dough with your hands and make the dough about 1 cm thick.
- Let the dough rest for 30 minutes. During this time, preheat the oven to 220°C.
- Just before baking, make holes in the dough with your fingers.
- Sprinkle with rosemary, garlic, cheese, salt, etc. as desired.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes until well browned.
- Why we can make bread without kneading? The reason is here.Why Do We Knead Bread? Mechanism of No-Knead BreadWhy we cam make bread without kneading, as in no-knead bread? If you understand the reason for kneading bread dough, it's easy question.
- You can make no-knead noodles also, not only bread.no-knead breadArticles of "no-knead bread".