Mentaiko is made from cod roe and goes well with rice, but also with toast. Shokupan toast is best, and its sweetness goes perfect with mentaiko.
- Mix mentaiko and mayonnaise.
In the oven
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Toast one side well.
- Remove from oven and spread mentaiko mayo on the untoasted side.
- Toast the other side well.
In the toaster oven
- Put the mentaiko mayo on the bread and toast it well.
- Top with finely cut nori and serve.
Now that I can make mentaiko-style paste with canned cod roe, I finally got to eat this mentaiko mayo toast. Thanks to the mayonnaise, there was no fishy smell of codfish at all when toasted.
share your dish!