No-knead Bread Can Be Shaped
If you can form it, you can expand the variety of breads. If the water content is over 80%, it is quite difficult to handle, so I lowered the ratio a little and tried 70%, and the dough became quite easy to handle.
I think even a beginner can do well with petite baguette that only need to be rolled out.
No Pot Required, Spray Required
By heating the campagne in a pot, it came out crispy without the need for misting. For this petite baguette, misting is a must. 3 or 4 light sprays will give it a crunchy texture.
Easy Crunchy Bacon Epi, Overnight No-Knead Bread
- wheat flour 300 g
- water 210 g
- salt 4 g
- dry yeast 1 g
- bacon 200 g
- Electronic scale
- plastic wrap
- silicon spatula
- Silicon mat
- Rolling Pin
- cookie sheet
- Put the flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the water.
- Mix with a spatula until the dough is no longer powdery and comes together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature (15-25℃) overnight or for about 12 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size and you can see many small bubbles on the surface, the first fermentation is complete.
- Line a work table with a silicone mat and sift the flour.
- Line a baking sheet with cookie paper.
- Using a spatula, remove the fermented dough from the edge of the bowl.
- Mix the dough by scooping it up from the bottom, about 10 times, to make it strong and round. Be careful not to cut the gluten.
- Drop the dough onto the floured surface of the work table.
- Using an electronic scale and a skepper, divide the dough into four equal portions, each weighing about 130 grams.
- Roll out the dough. If the dough is too sticky, add flour as needed.
- The dough will be quite stiff at this point. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Roll out the dough into an oval shape with a rolling pin.
- Place the bacon and mustard in the front.
- Roll from the front to the back.
- Place the rolls on a baking sheet with the ends facing down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to ferment for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Using scissors, make a diagonal cut. Make the cut very deep so that the bacon is completely cut.
- Turn the dough alternately to the left and right.
- Spray the dough with water 3 or 4 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until well browned.
- Why we can make bread without kneading? The reason is here.Why Do We Knead Bread? Mechanism of No-Knead BreadWhy we cam make bread without kneading, as in no-knead bread? If you understand the reason for kneading bread dough, it's easy question.
- You can make no-knead noodles also, not only bread.no-knead breadArticles of "no-knead bread".