No-knead Bread Can Be Shaped
If you can form it, you can expand the variety of breads. If the water content is over 80%, it is quite difficult to handle, so I lowered the ratio a little and tried 70%, and the dough became quite easy to handle.
I think even a beginner can do well with petite baguette that only need to be rolled out.
No Pot Required, Spray Required
By heating the campagne in a pot, it came out crispy without the need for misting. For this petite baguette, misting is a must. 3 or 4 light sprays will give it a crunchy texture.
Easy Bacon Cheese Baguette, Overnight No-Knead Bread
- wheat flour 300 g
- water 210 g
- salt 4 g
- dry yeast 1 g
- bacon 100 g
- cheese 50 g
- Put the flour, salt and dry yeast in a bowl and mix lightly.
- Add the water.
- Mix with a spatula until the dough is no longer powdery and comes together.
- Cover with plastic wrap and let rise at room temperature (15-25℃) overnight or for about 12 hours.
- When the dough has doubled in size and you can see many small bubbles on the surface, the first fermentation is complete.
- Line a work table with a silicone mat and sift the flour.
- Line a baking sheet with cookie paper.
- Using a spatula, remove the fermented dough from the edge of the bowl.
- Mix the dough by scooping it up from the bottom, about 10 times, to make it strong and round. Be careful not to cut the gluten.
- Drop the dough onto the floured surface of the work table.
- Using an electronic scale and a skepper, divide the dough into 8 equal portions, each weighing about 65 grams.
- Roll out the dough. If the dough is too sticky, add flour as needed.
- The dough will be quite stiff at this point. Cover with plastic wrap and let the dough rest for 10 minutes. During this time, cut the cheese and bacon into small pieces.
- Roll out the dough into round shape with a rolling pin.
- Place cheese and bacon in the center.
- Wrap the cheese and bacon and form into a ball.
- Place on a baking sheet, closed side down.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave to ferment for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200℃.
- Cut crosswise into the dough using scissors. Cut the dough on top of the bacon and cheese. It doesn’t need to be deep, but it should be large.
- Spray the dough with water 3 or 4 times.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until well browned.
- Why we can make bread without kneading? The reason is here.Why Do We Knead Bread? Mechanism of No-Knead BreadWhy we cam make bread without kneading, as in no-knead bread? If you understand the reason for kneading bread dough, it's easy question.
- You can make no-knead noodles also, not only bread.no-knead breadArticles of "no-knead bread".